Full Time, Rotating early & late shift pattern
11th Feb 2019
Our client is a well established organisation that is looking for skilled HGV Mechanics/Technicians that can not only strengthen their team but also be provided with in-depth training and development within the business to help their team become the best they can be within the company.
The Job Role:
- To maintain and service the Fleet of Commercial Vehicle, Heavy Goods Vehicles and Trailers on behalf of the Company and the Customers in which they work with whilst ensuring all aspects of work carried out on the vehicles are to VOSA standards. This will allow the customer to retain high standards of workmanship, value for money and customer care
- Liaise with the Service and Parts teams for updates and availability
- Health and safety of the workshop and staff
- Experience within component overhauls (Engine; Gearbox; Braking systems)
- You will required to work on your own initiative and meet strict deadlines
- Safety inspections and preparation of vehicle for MOT and to complete all aspects of vehicle inspection documentation in line with group fleet compliance policy
- Attending vehicle breakdowns and callouts on behalf of the client when required
Experience / Requirements:
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge and experience of service and repair work and maintenance on Heavy Goods and Commercial Vehicles (minimum 5 years post apprenticeship)
- A Heavy Goods Driving licence would be preferred.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Essential that candidates applying for the role have minimum City & Guilds Level 3/NVQ Level Three Qualification (PLEASE NOTE – Applicants without this will not be considered for selection)
Please apply now!
Apply Now >