£28,000 - £35,000 DOE
Full Time, Mon - Fri
Motor Retail, Commercial & Car Dealerships
10th Dec 2018
We are recruting a Workshop Controller for our client in Hounslow. As a key member of the dealer management team, the Workshop Controller’s core role is to proactively manage the GVS process from “planning, through On Arrival” to “Invoice / Claim” closure. Ensure that CSR’s and Technician Supervisors are working in line with the standard OTI process. Ensuring that service and repair work is completed to time and quality standards and all invoice / claim documents are complete and accurate. Managing customer expectations, job profitability and workshop productivity targets will be a daily focus to ensure that workshop profitability is optimised. The motivation & personal development of the team, effective competence development, succession planning and dealing with employee issues on a day to day basis.
The Job Role:
Your task will include but will not be limited to;
- Provide focussed management to the service department team.
- Carry out regular process reviews with your Dealerpoint Manager to identify operational issues / discrepancies and ensure appropriate follow up actions are taken to rectify.
- Manage the performance of the service department to ensure that KPI targets are achieved.
- Manage and plan workshop / support resources to ensure that OTI process requirements can be fulfilled on each shift.
- Support the CSR / Workshop Supervisor as required ensuring job specification, codification and quoting preparation tasks are completed on a timely basis.
- Support the CSR as required ensuring that invoice / claiming closure tasks are accurate and completed on a timely basis.
- Assist & provide support to CSR / Workshop Supervisors in specification / codification of non-standard, complex jobs and ensure all such work is agreed with customer before starting.
- Manage hand over of complex or potentially contentious jobs (invoices, claims) to ensure full buy-in and agreement from customer (Retail or Internal.)
- Hold daily production meetings to Plan workload and resources, Review identified issues from previous shift and identify appropriate solutions consistent with standard OTI process requirements.
Experience / Requirements:
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Technology.
- Experience of working within the motor vehicle industry, preferably a technical background from working within a commercial workshop.
- Knowledge / experience of leading teams.
- Knowledge of workshop KPIs.
Apply Now >